TED 2006… Ken Robinson speaks about schools.. interesting if you’re involved in education.
The good news first: passport fee reduced.
Bad news is: If you lose your passport from now on, you will HAVE TO make a police report and bring that along to Immigration Department.
Originally posted on weehingthong:
Lost your Malaysian Passport? From 1 February 2015, you must lodge a police report and bring the report to the Immigration Department if you wish to apply for another passport.
FACTS ABOUT YOUR MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
1. Your Malaysian passport is considered a “high-value” document as it allowed freedom to enter some 163 out of 219 countries without a visa. Thus, international crime syndicates prize it highly.
2. The Henley & Partners Visa Restrictions Index ranks your Malaysian passport at number 9 in 2014 in terms of freedom for its citizens to enter other countries.
3. Missing passports reported:
4. All cases of missing Malaysian passports, whether at home or abroad, must be reported to the nearest police station beginning 1 February 2015.
5. If you have lost your passport, to apply for replacement passports you must present…
View original 89 more words
by John Beshears and Francesca Gino
“Insidious biases are often the main cause of ineffectiveness in organizations”
reblog of Din Merican’s post
Originally posted on Din Merican: the Malaysian DJ Blogger:
November 15, 2014
To the so-called Malay Defenders: Stop Insulting the Malays
by Dr. Azmi Sharom
Ideally of course, one would not have to write about topics such as this, but the reality is that ethnicity is still a major issue in any discussion on politics, society, religion, law and governance in Malaysia.
And even on a personal level, although ethnicity plays a tiny part in my life, in the sense that it is not something that pre-occupies me, I would be lying to say that it has no effect on my life at all.
I was, after all, raised in a Malay family, and my cultural practices are based on Malay culture. Thus, when ethnicity is mentioned, it…
View original 255 more words